Best Indias Honeymoon Capital – Kullu and Manali
Feeling stuck between work target and everyday repeating routine? Then you are in dire need of a vacation to wash off all the fatigue and refresh your tired mind. How does a trip to Indias Honeymoon Capital i.e Kullu-Manali sound? Appealing right.
Kullu and Manali present in the Himachal Pradesh in Northern India are generously blessed by nature. Though Kullu and Manali are often named together but they offer fully separate experience to all its visitors.
Kullu popularly called as the “Land of gods” is stretched out along the banks of the river Beas, it has the ability to immerse you with its magnificent scenic beauty characterized by green forests, stretches of valleys, streams, rivers and orchards.
On the other hand Manali surprises you with its serenity, cloud clad hilltops, history, nature, sports, adventure and shopping.
During winter the whole mountain put on a white cloak of snow covering all the pine forests along its slope and freezes you site with beauty.
On the other hand in the summer, it sheds the white cloak and the lush green beneath the snow resurfaces blowing your mind off as well. We can assure that a Vacation in Kullu Manali in any time of the year is surely going to surprise you with its beauty which you haven’t seen before.
List of some of the places which you can’t miss during your Kullu- Manali trip are like-
- Rohtang Pass, a high mountain pass lying at an altitude of 3978m from the sea level in the Pir Panjal Range is a picturesque location with the Beas and Chenab rivers flowing adding to its beauty. Make sure to visit the Bhrigu Lake, a wonder of nature where the water of the lake never freezes in spite of freezing surrounding temperature
- Solang Valley, also referred to as the ‘snow point’ has the mesmerizing view of the snow capped peaks and glaciers. It is the centre of attraction for adventure lovers as it provides opportunities for trekking, zorbing, skiing, paragliding, horse riding
- The Hadimba Temple, build in dedication to Hirimba and Ghatotkacha, the wife and son of Bhim of the Pandavas, takes you back to the era of Mahabharata and the Kurukshetra War. Nearby places in your path will be Siyali Mahadev Temple, Rahala falls, Folk Art Museum
- Vashist Hot Water Spring, present is the village Vashist is a must in your tour list. You can enjoy the relaxing hot spring in the privacy of Turkish style bath houses as well
- Touches of Tibetan and Buddhist culture is found in the Nyingmapa Gompa and Thekchhokling Gompa monasteries build in pagoda style to attract many tourists with its architecture and pure and serene atmosphere
- The Beas being the main river of this region provides thrilling activities like river rafting. Even there are picnic spots for families to spend some quality time
- The Great Himalayan National Park, recognized by UNESCO as a heritage site for their diverse flora and fauna. It is the home for about 375 faunal species including few endangered species like the Himalayan Brown Bear.
- Gulaba , a small village famous for its beautiful topography with snow covered peaks which often attracts film makers. Many Bollywood films are said to have been shoot there
- Other places include Kothi, a small village with a geothermal spring
- Manikaran, a important pilgrimage site for the Hindus and Sikhs. Sri Guru Nanak Ji Gurudwara, Shiva Temple,
Kulanth Pith and hot springs are some of the sites to visit in Manikaran
- Kasol, famous for Kheer Ganga, Israel-food, trekking, rock climbing and shopping of some exquisite gemstones
The nearest railway station is Ambala Cantt which is almost 200 km from Manali from where car service are available and nearest Airport is Kullu Manali airport, 10km from Kullu. Bus services are also available from Delhi, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Ambala as well.
So just pack your bags and set out to explore Kullu Manali at the earliest.
You can visit other honeymoon places in India – GOA
Leave a Comment